Cookies, cookies and more cookies!

Hello!

Over the weekends, I had this strong urge to bake and my fingers were itching to whip something up as soon as I opened up the recipe books. Man, the last time I had that feeling was when I kept watching Martha Stewart's shows on the TV and I knew I had to bake. So, I started searching high and low on the net, on my iPhone app called 'Yummly' (it's really good, go and download it from the App Store), in my collection of recipe books for something easy yet yummy to bake. I thought of just a simple chocolate cake and vanilla creamcheese frosting. But then, it required more effort and time, which I'm a little lazy to do at that moment. And finally, I asked my mum, "What do you think I should bake?".

"Bake something that you will eat of course,"

"That's for sure. I need it to be simple and delicious,"

"Oh, try cookies then! The steps are also simple, go and find a basic cookie dough recipe,"

That's when it hit me, COOKIES! As I was searching for a basic cookie dough recipe, my mind told me to go a little extravagant. 'Try Green Tea cookies', that's what it said. Why not? Right?

Finally got the recipe from Martha Stewart (here) or if you're lazy, scroll down a little more to get the recipe. And I decided to do 3 different cookie flavours, Green Tea, Red Velvet and Butterscotch Choc Chip.














(All pictures are taken by me, some filtered by VSCOcam, pardon me for the unclear ones since I had to use my iPhone to took it all)

BASIC COOKIE DOUGH RECIPE (by Martha Stewart)
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract

Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low. Add flour mixture and beat until combined.

Basically for the Green Tea cookie, I added green tea powder, some almond nibs and chocolate rice.

For the red velvet, I put some red food colouring (it's best to use a powdered one if you can find them, but I went on with just the liquid), some cream (as a substitute for milk since milk will make the batter even runnier), a little dash of vinegar, and a handful of chocolate chips. It's a little tricky to get the right consistency after you added all of these in to the batter, and hence, a cup of flour was added again. Add as much or as little as you want as long as the batter isn't runny and not too stiff. More or less gooey. 

As for the butterscotch choc chip, I added chocolate chips and butterscotch chips



Didn't manage to take a picture of the Butterscotch Choc Chip because it ran out quickly. Anyway, I'm no expert in baking but it's something that I'm passionate in doing. Therefore, I'm still improving myself. 

Go on and try the recipe above! Hope it'll turn out well hehe :)


Share:

0 COMMENTS