Lime Crime Velvetines | Shade: Wicked

Hey everyone! I'll be doing a review today since it has been quite sometime since I last did one. Andddd yes, it's the Lime Crime Velvetine Lip Stain! I've only heard about this product and it's brand this year so I was a little skeptical on purchasing it. But upon hearing a lot of hyped reviews from youtubers, beauty bloggers, I decided to do a research about this lip stain. Honestly, when you're buying a beauty product, it's best to spend some time online and read about it. You want to make sure that it's completely worth every single amount that you spend on it. 

Lime Crime Velvetine Lip Stain claims to have "a ground-breaking formula that goes on liquid and dries completely matte. Touch-proof, transfer-proof, long-wearing and utterly addictive!". Their description was too good to be true, so I decided to give this a try.

And boyyyy was I glad that I made the correct decision. It's ah-may-zingggggg!
There were not many colours to choose from in the Lime Crime Velvetine collection when I was buying it. I wanted to find a deep red almost to a wine red lip colour, so as soon as I saw WICKED, I knew I had to grab it!
The packaging is so cute! The lip stain comes inside a metallic box with pink roses all over. Comes in the standard lip gloss bottle with a matte glass finish. Figured that since it gives a matte finish so maybe thats why it has a matte bottle. 
The application is quite simple since it has a wand with an angled tip brush. When I first opened the bottle, I took a smell and it smells heavenly! Almost like a vanilla butter cake kind of scent. Yummy! 
When you first apply, it'll be in a liquid state and slowly turns into a matte finish within 20 secs maximum? Depends on how much product there is on your lips. You can apply on its own, or underneath a thin layer of lip balm for hydration if you have dry lips. No lip liner is needed here! The colour is opaque, extremely pigmented and super long lasting! It does not bleed, or crease, and glides on smoothly when applying it. Since Wicked is such a strong red vampy colour, I only had to use 2 coats for both my upper lips and lower lips. I'll definitely take quite some time to finish this product. Surprisingly, this lip stain is lightweight! Meaning, you don't feel like you're wearing anything on your lips. Good job Lime Crime! 

You do need to remove this lip stain with a waterproof makeup remover or oil because it's super tough and it will leave your lips a little stained after that. However, this lip stain last long hours and a slight reapplication is needed after food/drinks. Overall, I am extremely satisfied with Lime Crime Velvetine Lip Stain and I hope they come out with colours for everyday usage! 
So far, Lime Crime has come up with 9 shades. Pansy and Cashmere are the recent ones. I am definitely going to purchase more of their products in the future! It is a little pricey (S$ 26/RM 68 per lip stain) but super worth it to splurge on! Do visit their website here to purchase it online! 

I hope this review is useful to those who still have doubts about purchasing Lime Crime Velvetines. Oh and ps: they are VEGAN/CRUELTY FREE! Hip hip hooraay! 
That's me and my sister wearing Lime Crime Velvetine Lip Stain in Wicked! :)

Share:

6 COMMENTS

  1. Ohh the packaging has such a romantic appearance! ^ ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup! It's so attractive that I had to get it asap! <3

      Delete
  2. That lip colour is gorgeous! It looks good on you dear :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. It's more like a lip stain because its highly pigmented and stains ur lip, where as lip tints leaves ur lip with a hint of colour :) hope this helps!

      Delete