2015 New Year's Resolutions

Hey guys! I know I've not been updating my blog as frequent as I used to. I do have a few drafts to be published but I guess I lose my momentum and delayed everything up till now. (I'll make it up to you guys in 2015, i promise.)

Anyway, a new year is just around the corner and *drumrolls* I've decided to do a new year resolution and share it with you guys! Over the past few years, I've never taken my resolutions properly and I think it's about time to get serious about it. After all, I'm getting older and I need to start paying more attention to serious things like this. (I'm still young at heart guys, dont worry)

1. BE MORE ENGAGED WITH MY BLOG

Update more frequent, more interesting posts, beautiful & related pictures, attract more readers and improve my writing skills (hopefully). Im targeting of approximately 500 pageviews/day and to reach out to a lot of people with an intention to share what I have got to say. I will also try to channel my blog into beauty/fashion/lifestyle blog. Blogging is something I enjoy doing and I'm hoping that 411KISSES will slowly bloom and have more loyal readers in the future!

2. ACCEPTANCE INTO MY UNDERGRADUATE STUDIES

In case some of you don't know, I retook another foundation programme. This time it's under Monash Uni and I'm left with 1 more sem to go before I can start my degree. I'm applying for Bachelor of Chemical Engineering in Monash Uni @ Malaysia Campus, if God wills. I also have a backup plan in case anything goes wrong which is to study Bachelor of Science with chemistry as my minor. Whatever it is, I can't wait to start my degree life because I'm so done with college! *cries*

3. HEALTHY LIFESTYLE

So far, I've stopped a few of my unhealthy habits. Can you believe that I have not eaten in fast food restaurants for 5 months now? And as well as instant noodles for almost a year. Strangely, I don't have strong cravings for it, just a few of "Dang, a Filet O'Fish with extra cheese would be good with large fries right now" occasionally. Proud of my present self and I still have a long way to go. I'm not seeking to be thin/skinny but fit is what I want to be. Like they say, a healthy lifestyle leads a healthy you!

4. LOVE MYSELF MORE

Each year, there must be numerous of obstacles to face, challenges to get through, problems to be settled and sometimes, we get tired/hurt and giving up seems like a better choice. There are certain times where I try so hard to please my surroundings. Each time they tell me I can't do it, I stand back up and work extra hard to prove them wrong. But little did I know that I do so much for people to be happy that I became someone different. Someone who is unhappy with herself. And I think it's time to change that. It's important to love yourself first before you love anyone else. What's the point of making everyone happy if you're not happy with yourself? I only have one life and I definitely do not want to spend the rest of it being unhappy.

5. MORE MAKE-UP STASH

Okay, okay this one seems a little unreasonable for a new year's resolution.... but let's face it, I think I have officially become a make-up junkie. I think it's a little crazy that within 5 months, I have bought 10 lipsticks. Maybe not a big deal to those who wear make-up on a daily basis, but yeap, I've moved on from someone who casually buys makeup twice a year... into a person who has a sephora paper-bag  every single time she walks out of Sephora. That aside, I've a long list of lipsticks / mascara / foundation / primer / and etc to collect. (One of the reasons why I need to be an engineer, ugh. Hahahahah) I've been eyeing NARS Lipsticks and Sleek Eyeshadow Palette this few weeks, and I'm definitely getting my hands on them next year!

I guess that's my general New Year's resolutions and also the most focused ones. I do have minor ones like visiting Universal Studio Singapore (USS), more cafe hopping adventures, to upgrade my laptop/phone, and many more.

New Year's resolution helps you to stay focus on your goals and actually achieved them before beginning a new year again and you can always look back to it in case you forgot or you need a motivation of some sort. Sometimes in the middle of the year, you feel demotivated with yourself and who knows this might cheer you up and boosts your confidence back!

On another note, I can't believe 2014 is almost e n d i n g. It honestly felt like a breeze went by and a new year is starting soon. Am I ready for it? I'm not sure but whatever it is, I'll hope it'll be a better year. May the force be with us to battle 2015.

Share:

2 COMMENTS

  1. Assalam Aleykum Hidaya!lool!You make up junkie!I hope you fulfill all your goals sis!Plus i nominated you for the versatile blogger award!Hope you'll find the time to do it and will enjoy it as much as i did! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wassalam Maryam! heheh, thank you so much for nominating me and yes, i will definitely do a post on it! Much love <3

      Delete