Monthly Favourites | January 2016


Can't believe January went by so fast! I swear I heard people screaming "Happy New Year", like yesterday. My January was filled with chores, and more chores. Even though I'm on a sem break right now but I hardly go out. So January for me was almost like living under a rock. Kidding, I still have the internet guys. 

I'll share with you guys my January favourite items! It's a new year, so I thought why not start this Monthly Favourites series again right?


1. TWINSTERS

If yall still don't know that Netflix is finally in Asia, well here you go. Netflix is now available for us to watch! Do note that the first month is free and subsequently you have to pay accordingly. Anyway, I'm not much of a fan to American dramas, but because Netflix just launched so I thought, hmm why not try and see what's good here? 

I found myself watching TWINSTERS documentary. It was rated 5 stars on Netflix and I totally agree with them. "This documentary chronicles the true story of a French fashion student who discovered via the Internet an identical twin she never knew existed". It was so heartwarming to see twins reunite and even though I don't have a twin, I knew how she felt. Coming back to your long lost sister is like completing your home. 





2. CHARLES & KEITH WALLET

Finally got myself a new wallet after decades. I always gravitate towards Charles & Keith for some reason because I feel that it's chic, looks-expensive-but-affordable, and worth the money. I chose black this time round because I never had a black wallet. And I major love the gold detailing! Makes it look expensive. Hidayah's budget tip: If you can't afford prada/celine/dior yet, find a brand that looks close to that. I definitely recommend Charles & Keith!





3. 2016 DUCK PLANNER 

Honestly, this was quite an impulsive buy. Of course I won't tell myself that. I need this planner. Duh, everyone needs one!!! I love how we can plan monthly, and weekly. They also have a few pages for note-writing which can come in handy! Oh and can we please appreciate the illustrations? It's not too girly which is just perfect! I also love how there's a theme every month for us to follow. 



4. REAL TECHNIQUES POINTED FOUNDATION BRUSH

Guess who finally jumped on the Real Techniques Core Collection bandwagon in 2016? Me. I'm not outdated guys! I was just finally convinced enough to get it. The Core Collection comes with 4 brushes and out of all, I love this pointed foundation brush to set my under eye concealer. Since the 'baking' method is popular right now, I use this to put loose powder under my eyes after I'm done with the concealer. As you can see, it has a slight sharp end which makes it easy to reach at the corner of my eyes.



5. MAC VELVET TEDDY LIPSTICK

Yassss, I love this nude lipstick! A lighter version of Taupe, which is also my everyday lipstick. Mac matte lipsticks are never too drying which is very comfortable on the lips! Read my detailed review here



6. LIME CRIME VENUS PALETTE

I've been wearing these tones for the past month all thanks to this gorgeous eyeshadow palette. Kudos to Lime Crime because it's pigmented, creamy, buttery and smooth to apply! Read my review on this here!

Those are my January favourites and stay tuned for the Youtube video version of this! I'm trying my best to find some time to squeeze in and film! Thanks for reading, yall are amazing! <3


Share:

0 COMMENTS