Review | Kosé Sekkisei Trial Kit


Few weeks back I received a lovely parcel from Kose Malaysia and I was sent their special edition Sekkisei Trial Kit to try out and give my honest review on it! They came at the right time as I was running out some of my skin care products and what a better way to try them out! 

But first, what's SEKKISEI?
SEKKISEI, which originated from Japan has been trusted and adored by a great number of women since its release in 1985. As a pioneer in whitening skincare, SEKKISEI is committed to help women attain bright and translucent skin with glowing radiance, just like fresh snow. SEKKISEI products are designed and created for skin translucency. They harnesses the power of Oriental Herb extracts, which are carefully-selected from about 100 different herbs. Much research had been conducted to develop SEKKISEI, and to achieve the fine balance between oil and water content to result in its fine-textured lotion. Its fine texture, hydrated “snow-white” skin effect has made it KOSÉ’s best-selling product, with more than 48 million bottles of SEKKISEI Lotion sold since its release 30 years ago. SEKKISEI is available in 15 countries around the world. It will continue to provide high quality products and inspire women around the world to have beautiful and radiant skin.

That was rather lengthy but I'll simplify it for you! SEKKISEI, originated from Japan, is basically world reknowned for its' whitening skincare products. After carrying out many researches, each and every product is created and developed to help women achieve bright and translucent skin. 


This Sekkisei Trial Kit @ RM 99 (incl. GST) consists of 
  1. Exclusive Setsuko Pouch (Kimono/City Chic Style)
  2. Sekkisei White Liquid Wash (20 mL)
  3. Sekkisei Lotion (100 mL)
  4. Sekkisei Emulsion (70 mL)
  5. Sekkisei Clear Whitening Mask (10 g)
  6. Bihadagoyomi Mask (3 pieces)

They even include an instruction card to show the products you get and how you use them! SO. CUTE.


With a wide range of products they have, they picked the 5 star products from SEKKISEI this year and comes together in its special edition pouch! A trio of oriental plant extracts: Coix Seed, Melothria (White Lotus) and Angelica work diligently to keep your skin in perfect condition, protected from the harsh environment.

SEKKISEI WHITE LIQUID WASH


As the name suggest, this is a facial wash/cleanser. I personally love the consistency of this wash because it's easy to lather! You might think that 20 mL is so little but trust me, you only need 1 pump for your whole face if your face is small. Otherwise 2 drops is more than enough too. Plus points for that!! Besides that, they have a fresh & clean scent to it.


Their claims : Cleanse skin without stripping away moisture with this delicate cleanser. Taurine-based cleansing agents leave skin clean and hydrated; while Rubus Suavissmuss Extract enhance skin dullness and soothes UV damage. Skin is restored to its optimal condition, ready for the next skincare step.

My review : I love how my supple my skin feels after washing the cleanser off. Unlike some products where your skin feels sooo tight, this did not tighten my skin at all! In fact, I feel like one of those korean stars on advertisements with 'bouncy' skin! Hahaha okay I'm exaggerating but yes, my skin feels fresh and soft after using this wash! 

SEKKISEI LOTION


This Sekkisei Lotion acts as a toner and guys, girls, applying toner is an important step in your skin care routine! As you can see, the toner is clear and it absorbs really fast into your skin. 


Their claims : This Sekkisei bestseller contains ingredients carefully selected out of 100 types of oriental plants. Used as a toner or a mask, the fine-textured hydrating lotion balances out skin's moisture levels, prevents dullness, soothes redness and more! 

My review : I'm not suprised that this is their bestseller products and I truly believe it is one! By far one of the best toner I've used. It's hydrating, gives a cooling effect, absorbs really fast into your skin,  and leaves your skin feeling supple. Do note that there's a strong smell when you first put it on your face but once it dries, no smell at all! 

BIHADAGOYOMI MASK


Now, now. You must be thinking where did this mask appear since there wasn't any mask sheets in the Setsuko pouch... Hehehe let me show you! 


Notice those tiny tablet-like things? That's actually the Bihadagoyomi mask we're talking about! The reason why they look like that is because of it being folded and compressed. 


Their claims : For instant hydration, place a bihadagoyomi mask into the cap and pour Sekkisei Lotion until the mask tablet puffs up. Place on face for 10 minutes and notice instantly hydrated skin!

My review : I love using this extra step after cleansing my face with their Sekkisei White Liquid wash because it really does hydrate my face. Although be reminded that since the whole mask is soaked with Sekkisei Lotion, the smell might irritate some of you as it is quite a strong smell. 

SEKKISEI EMULSION


I treat this Sekkisei Emulsion as a serum/moisturiser. Sometimes I still put on moisturiser on top of this emulsion but otherwise I leave it as its own.


Their claims : This quick-absorbing moisturiser works deep into skin, preventing freckles, dark spots and dryness. Ingredients like Inula Britanica Flower, Chinese Pearl Barley, Paeonia Albiflora Root, Melothria Heterophylla and Angelica reveal a more translucent complexion. 


My review : As this has a runny consistency, I was rather afraid that it will leave my skin looking oily and greasy. If you guys don't know, I have oily skin so I try to avoid products that makes me look way too oily/dewy. But.... this Sekkisei emlusion surpassed my expectations! So happy that it moisturizes my face but leaves a semi-matte finish, nothing to sticky for you to start putting on makeup.

SEKKISEI CLEAR WHITENING MASK


I've never used a black mask before so imagine my face when I first squeezed this whitening mask to try it on. It. Was. So. Cool. This mask has a thick and sticky consistency and it dries really fast if you spread a thin layer onto your face. But let me warn you, do. not. get. it. on. your. fine. hairs. Typically your eyebrows, baby hairs, etc... Put all of your hair up if you plan to use this because it will hurt so much when strip your mask off later.


Their claims : A gentle peel-off mask that removes dullness and dead skin cells, brightens and hydrates at the same time! Chinese Quince extract inhibits sebum production, while a blend of oriental plant extracts deliver supreme whitening benefits. Nano-sized black powder allows the mask to spread easily.

My review : I loveeee whitening masks so I was super excited when I got this! After my first try, I don't notice any big changes but I dare say that I look slightly more glowy than before. I have quite a tanned skin (I wear Revlon Colorstay Foundation in Warm Golden) so it does take a few more mask sessions before I have a brighter skin complexion.

As an overall experience, I love the SEKKISEI products range and after receiving this trial kit, I would definitely repurchase their best seller product which is the Sekkisei Lotion. I think it is one of the best toners I've tried, like I'm not even joking guys. 

If you love trying out new products, do consider this trial kit! With 4 mini size products, 3 sheet mask and a super cute pouch (especially those who love pink), the price is so affordable and it will last you about 2 months! 

For more information about SEKKISEI and its new special edition trial kit, follow KOSÉ Malaysia on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/kose.malaysia)
 or visit the KOSÉ Malaysia website at www.kose.com.my.
 For instagram users, follow them at KOSE MY (https://www.instagram.com/kosemy)

Share:

0 COMMENTS