to sum it all up









Shaheera & Haya



Hi Nadiah! 




Itsy bitsy pictures I've taken with my phone this week. Busy week with 'Eid celebration, study sessions, classes and etc, results in delaying to blog. Much apologies from me. Overall, it was a good week and here's what I've been looking forward to. 


That's right, it's AIESEC.

What's AIESEC?
AIESEC is the global youth network impacting the world through leadership development experiences. AIESEC has been facilitating youth leadership activities as well as international internships & volunteer experiences for over 65 years, developing a global learning environment across 124 countries & territories. 
AIESEC is a global, non-political, independent, not-for-profit organization run by students and recent graduates of institutions of higher education. Our members are interested in world issues, leadership and management.  
AIESEC does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, creed, religion, national, ethnic or social origin.
Okay, in simpler words, it's a non-profit organisation by youths to cater for youths to go for an exchange program! Exchange program = travelling across the world = meet new friends = gain more life-changing experience = make a positive change to yourself and to others. Ain't that fun?!? It's like a whole package wrapped up and you just have to grab it and go for it. 

I've always seen students going abroad and help others in need and it makes me think that I can do the same as well. Since then, I've set a goal for myself that I will go somewhere in the world and lend a helping hand. Years passed by, but I've never got a chance to do it. Simply because of financial issues, parents and most importantly, I did not know how to get into this exchange program. Well, I supposed all these years of waiting was worth it because last Monday, I was approached by a friend of mine, and she introduced me to AIESEC. 

I did know the existence of AIESEC, but I did not know what was it or what do they do. And so, my friend explained it to me. The moment she said 'exchange program', my heart leaped and did a somersault. Yes! Finally! I was ecstatic and I quickly signed up for the info session which was on last Friday. I was not even a bit indecisive and throughout the week, I was really excited. The thought of me going for an exchange program and to help those in need was really wow. Beyond amazing. 

The info session was very informative and fun. I made some new friends and there were also students who wanted to go to the same destination with me, which was KOREA. Hehe! If you watch Running Man, you'll partially understand why I want to go there. It's so beautiful. The people, the culture, the language, the food, the amazing islands. Just wow. Anyway, my doubts were all cleared during the info session. The members of AIESEC really explained how the process is like, the fees, what to expect, experiences, all in all made me want to go abroad already. 

And so, I signed up for the interview! We have to go through quite a long process such as application forms, visa application, interview by the AIESEC members, another interview by the representative of the country I'm going, choosing of projects... and etc. I'm really excited and I really can't wait. I'll promise you guys that I'll be in the desired country and I'll blog from there. Pinky promise. 




http://www.aiesec.my/index.html 

Do check out their website and see what they've got to offer!


0 COMMENTS