Review | Yankee Candles in Malaysia!

Yep. The flatlay trend is getting onto me guys. I can't help but to take one for today's blogpost. Truly inspired by the ever lovely Vivy Yusof (her blog at PROUDDUCK). She is by far one of the people who does best at flatlays. So, Ms. Vivy, if you ever read this, you've managed to convinced me that flatlays are a beautiful thing and it can be slightly addictive. Slightly. Of course, I've more room for improvement on my flatlays but that's okay! Slowly but surely. 

Anyway, 
I've been wanting (more like dying) to get some pretty heavenly-scented candles for my room. My first craze for candles was when I heard about Bath & Body Works 3-Wick Candles and their extremely good reviews. They have some pretty intense but awesome scents such as Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut, Coconut Leaves, Fresh Bamboo and etc. So, ever since then I was hooked on candles and I had to get some, or one at least.

Then YANKEE CANDLES arrived on Malaysia's doorstep magically. Yankee Candles are from USA and quite a renowned brand for their fragrances. They sell a whole lot of candles with extremely good scents. I've heard about them sometime ago so when I knew there was a store opened in Malaysia, of course I was sooo excited!
I went over their store last week at the Sunway Pyramid branch. I can't thank enough that my college is just a 5-mins walk from it. It's super convenient, really! Fyi, their store there is new and it is just opposite Toys 'R Us on the LG1. 
SAMPLERS VOTIVE CANDLES
49grams
Burns for 15 hours
1 for RM11.90 , 3 for RM24.90 (promotion)
 From left to right: Red Velvet, Margarita Time, Island Spa
I got the candles in their Samplers Votive Candles. This size is definitely perfect for fragrance layering, as well as sampling scents which I plan to do. My advice is always go for the small sizes first when you first buy them, just to give it a go and see if you like it. Plus, they're cheap! If you don't like the scent, you wouldn't waste so much of your money, right? 
ISLAND SPA

[Their claim]: A revitalising escape... the sunny citrus aroma of crips, juicy mandarins and vibrant lemon verbena.
[My Verdict]: You can definitely smell the tangy and sweet of the lemons and mandarins in this one. Perfect for someone who likes the smell of lemons/orange zest. 
MARGARITA TIME

[Their claim]: Our #1 new bestseller. This luscious fragrance is always the life of the party! Kick back, relax, and drift off to the islands with the casual, playful tang of fresh-squeezed lime in a classic, refreshing margarita!

[My Verdict]: I asked the sales person for one of their best sellers so they handed me this to try. First, I've no idea how margarita tastes/smell like so I'm not entirely sure on how to describe it. Although the lime scent is very notice-able, not too sharp and tangy like Island Spa. This one is sweet and subtle with a lime scent. 
RED VELVET

[Their Claim]: A most decadent creation of creamy frosting atop moist cake and a touch of brown sugar. So very sweet! 

[My Verdict]: I bake red velvets often and this was the first scent that caught my attention in the store. The smell of red velvet cake is strong, and rich. Just like when red velvets are baking in the oven. After smelling it for a while, then there's a sweet hint of vanilla frosting. Definitely gonna repurchase this in their bigger jars if I really like it!

Overall, I would definitely pay another visit soon to Yankee Candles to purchase more of their fragrances. It's strong and spot on even when I have not burn them yet. They have so many scents to choose from and gosh, making a decision to buy one out of so many is ever so difficult! Do ask for the sales person opinion if you need it ok!

Have you tried Yankee Candles before? If yes, do comment on which scent is your favourite! If not, do visit their nearest store and start buying them!

1 COMMENTS

  1. Hi.. how to order these candles from you. Whatsapp me: 0166267708

    ReplyDelete